Sunday, April 11, 2010

Dining!

New Orleans, LA
French Quarter Fest, 2010

  

It's one of the best times of year to be in New Orleans.  It's my first one since 2005.  Before that I had been to every one since 1996.  Once I moved away, I had to make the painful choice between Jazz Fest and French Quarter Fest.  Jazz Fest always won.  No contest, really.

But I love French Quarter Fest, and I've really missed it.  Three days of music and food bursting all over the Quarter.  I almost hesitate to tell you about it, because I kind of feel it's gotten as big as it needs to.  It's really exploded since the storm, which is wonderful for the city, really, so I can't complain.  There are more vendors than ever, all of our local restaurants and catering companies setting up shop and serving your standard festival favorites:


                                                                              

      


                                
 


                                

We're only scratching the surface here, people.  More to come soon.

No comments: