Friday, April 16, 2010

Uhh, go Gigantes?

Sorry I'm late.

I meant to acknowledge opening day for the San Francisco Giants last week, because if I were still living out there, that would have been a huge deal for me.  At least work-wise.  To be honest, I really don't care about baseball.  Are they doing well?  I think they are.  Even when I worked right there, literally next to the stadium, I was only vaguely aware of the team.  The only reason I'm even aware that opening day was last Friday is because I have a 2010 Giants schedule on my refrigerator.  Why, you ask?  Because someone sent me one in the mail.  Fucker.

I did think about my friends at the ballpark last week, and I missed them.  I was busy working an opening day of a different kind last Friday.  It was the first day of French Quarter fest, really a warm-up for the upcoming Jazz Fest season.  Greedy, insatiable, howling, thankless crowds for hours on end...

Actually, maybe it wasn't really all that different from opening day at the ballpark.

Hope I can get out to San Francisco sometime.  Looking forward to checking out the view from one of these bar stools next time I'm in town.

No comments: