Saturday, August 21, 2010

Sticker shock

My mother had so much crap it was unbelievable.  I kept what was usable or worth selling, but the rest of it... Man, that shit had to go.  My friend Jenelle helped me unload most of it.  The rest I carried to the Goodwill up the street, one box here, another there.  Most of it was garbage, some of it was decent but ugly as sin, and some of it was stuff I figured I might be able to sell, but it would be a pain in the ass and take a long time and a lot of effort for only a little cash.  I needed space in the apartment more than I needed cash in my wallet, so off to the Goodwill it went.

I walked by today and saw some familiar china in the window.  Lenox, nothing special.  Horrible lamb and flower pattern.  Eleven plates, eight coffee cups, one pair of salt and pepper shakers.  I remember them well.  I remember being extremely grateful to have them out of my kitchen cabinets.  Imagine my surprise when I saw the price tag...



              



Hah.  Good luck, Goodwill.  Better your shelf space than mine.

1 comment:

Jonny Hamachi said...

They're dreaming. That shit is worth a 75, MAYBE. The s and p have a nice shape but the print is horrible, the plates are luncheon plates (9" or less) at best and nobody wants those cups.

Don't be tripping. It's good just to purge.