Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Magazine Metals

Are you the type of person who gets caught up in all that holiday mess and feels like they have to buy gifts for everyone and anyone?  Have you finished your holiday shopping yet?  If not, should go see my friend Valerie at Magazine Metals on Magazine St.  As a matter of fact, you should go see her all year long.


                
It's at 2036 Magazine.  Right off Jackson, just down from Juan's Flying Burrito.  She's been down there for about two years.  She has beautiful stuff in there.  Local artists, of course.

How I became friendly with Valerie is a fun story.  Her boyfriend currently lives in Napa and goes to the Black Magic Voodoo Lounge in San Francisco.  You may have heard me mention it once or twice.  GEAUX SAINTS!!

The first time I met Jordan I was heading to New Orleans the following day for a visit.  He said,  "Oh, you should go see my girlfriend at her shop on Magazine St."  Now Jordan was a pretty cool dude, so it stood to reason that his girlfriend would be pretty cool too.  So of course I went to meet her.  She turned out to be delightful.

But don't take my word for it.  Go see for yourself!     http://www.magazinemetals.com/

No comments: