Sunday, January 31, 2010

I'm really not a whore

But right now, it seems that I am.

I can't seem to commit to a city.  I haven't even left San Francisco yet and I'm already saying things like, "Well, next time I live here, I think I might try living in the East Bay."  What the fuck is wrong with me?  I can change my mind about where I think I belong five times in the course of eight hours.  It's ridiculous.

Anchorage?  Of course!  I would do GREAT there!  Rent is cheap, wilderness is amazing, plenty of bar work.  The men...  Oh.  The men.

New Orleans?  Absolutely!  It's home!  Work? No problem!  Places to live?  Easy!  The food, the music, the Mardi Gras, the crawfish.  The costumes, the dinner parties.  The family.  The Love.  Jazz Fest, Decadence.  All of it.  Every bit.  And again, the men.  Oh, the fucking men.

Honolulu?  Oh yeah.  The beach.  Bar work?  Oh yeah.  I'm thinking tiki bar.  On the beach.  The men?  Seriously though.  Surfers.  Enough said.

New York?  A serious possibility.  That would be amazing.  If all goes well...  Let's all put our thoughts and energy into hoping that happens.  I'll find out about the men and report back.

Oh, and have we even gone into foreign countries?  Let's not.  We don't have time.

San Francisco?  It took a while to be able to say it, but yes.  Oh yes.  But not now.  As they say, I'm about one Muni ride away from landing my ass in jail for assault.  These people.  Oh, these fucking people sometimes.  I can't take it.  Not right now.  Better to love it from afar.  Come visit,  Hurricane Wanderlust blows into town for a week, Love Love Love, eat, drink, be merry, then OUT.  Bye bye.  See you soon.

I will really miss it here.  The food. The wine.  The cocktails.  The farmer's market.  The neighborhood, not just mine, all of them.  The nature.  The hiking.  The beach.  The oysters.  The North Bay, the South Bay, the East Bay.  The Peninsula.  Big Sur.  The stunning, mind-blowing, jaw-dropping natural beauty that is EVERY FUCKING WHERE.  My friends.  My wonderful, beautiful, incredible family of friends.

The men?  Not so much.  Four and a half years, and I only found three people worth my time.  Only one made it to round two, and he didn't even make round three.  I had to leave town to get laid.  What the fuck is that all about?  Good thing I like to travel a lot.

There's a lot to not miss about this place, actually.  Just like anywhere.  We'll get into all that another time.  Right now I'm in Deep Love with San Francisco, mainly because I'm leaving town in a matter of hours now.  But do remind me to tell you The Story About The Jumper Cables one day...

No comments: