Friday, March 12, 2010

Things I miss about San Francisco

      

The best Thai food I've ever had outside of Thailand.

Los Angeles used to hold that title, their Thai restaurants are consistently very good, but Ploy II has set the bar pretty high for me in recent years.  I went there on my very first visit to San Francisco, in June of 2004 on the recommendation of a friend of a friend that I met my second night in town at a party in the Mission.  It was a brilliant, brilliant recommendation and I never even got a chance to see her again to thank her.  When I moved to SF, it was one of my first stops.  Also one of my last when I left.

It's in the Upper Haight, by the park.  It's tiny, it's cute.  It's delicious.  I used to be able to walk there in fifteen minutes.  Now it's over two thousand miles away.  Four days in a car.  Way too far to walk...

http://www.ployii.com/

No comments: