Friday, May 21, 2010

No, you won't




        

For some reason, I took great offense to that sign.  I saw it at a gas station somewhere along I-40, I think in North Carolina.  I found it to be entirely too presumptuous.  I won't be back tomorrow.  Man, I don't even fucking LIVE in this state.  I'm just passing through.  Even if I DID live here, why would you automatically assume I would be coming back tomorrow?  Maybe I won't need to buy gas tomorrow.  Or maybe I'll find somewhere cheaper down the street.  Maybe I didn't much care for your selection of soft drinks and iced tea.  Maybe your cashier was rude to me and I'll never come back.  Actually, that's not true.  The cashier was really nice.  The bathrooms were clean.  Everything was fine, to be honest.

Maybe I just think too much.  I guess that's what happens when you're in a car with twelve more hours to go and no one to talk to.  Maybe that double latte in Asheville wasn't such a good idea...

1 comment:

Lickety Splitter said...

Hah ... Chick-Fil-A employees say this everytime I eat there (which isn't often). They thank me and say .... See you tomorrow!

I take their presumtiousness with a couple of packets of salt (a grain just won't do for those waffle fries) because I love Chick-Fil-A, and that might would see me day after day, if it were better for my arteries.