Thursday, May 6, 2010

Overrated

                          

I hate to say it, but it is.

I'm sorry.  I know it's the most famous dishes of Jazz Fest Dishes.  I know that there's an army of New Orleanians out there who would have me tried for treason right now.  But it really is.  Overrated.  So fucking overrated.

People line up for that shit, as you can plainly see.  You know what, people?  It's just crawfish in cream sauce, with some Tony Chachere's thrown in.  Seriously, that's all it is, more or less.  You can make that shit at home, so easy.  Plus, they always overcook the fucking pasta.

I hate mushy pasta.

Although, if you don't live in south Louisiana and don't have easy access to crawfish, crawfish like they were coming out of your fucking ears, I guess I can see the fascination.

Mmmm, crawfish...

No comments: