Thursday, July 29, 2010

Live a little, lady!

I've got a friend from New Orleans in town, visiting New York for the first time.  We've been be-bopping all over town, dining and cocktailing.  Drank a nice bottle of Gigondas the other night.  Saw that street pianos thing thing in Washington Square Park.  Nice.

So Sweetheart says, "You should take your friend out and get her laid while she's in town.  I don't mind if you go out and flirt a little bit, be a wingwoman, lead a motherfucker on for her benefit.  There's a line, I know you know where it is.  Take her out, show her a good time!"  (Yes, "Lead a motherfucker on for her benefit." Seriously?  Where does he get this shit from?)

Now going to strange cities and fucking the locals is definitely my thing.  In fact, before I met Sweetheart, traveling to exotic places and judging the local talent was high up there on my "Favorite Things To Do" list.  But visiting strange towns and sleeping with even stranger men isn't really Lorie's thing.  In fact, it isn't Lorie's thing in any way, shape, or form.

But I think it's time for a new chapter in The Life Story of the Fabulous Miss L.  She needs to shake things up.  Do something different.  Live a little.

She's sleeping right now, all passed out on the air mattress on the floor.  I'll discuss it with her in the morning.  I'll have to turn my powers of persuasion on full blast.  Wouldn't be the first time.  How do you think I lured all those sexy strangers back to my hotel room?

No comments: