Friday, February 5, 2010

Dining on the road home

Dripping Springs, TX

When you're in Texas, you know you have to stop for some...

              

And when you're in Dripping Springs, Texas, you have to make sure you stop for some Bar-B-Q here:

                            

I'd been driving all day.  It's a long road, the road through Texas.  I wasn't far from Austin, not at all, but it was pouring down rain and I was starving.  It was that weird time in the afternoon, between lunch and dinner, so I had the whole place to myself.

                                  

              
                      
I mean really.  What more do you need?

Actually, I would have preferred a Purple Haze.  But they only serve Anheuser-Busch products.  It's OK.  At least A-B makes that ZiegenBock stuff, which isn't half bad.  Brewed 'specially for Texas.  After seven hours in a car, a beer is a fucking beer, right?

                          

Chopped brisket.  Spicy sauce.  A reprieve from the rain and a cute waitress.  I like Dripping Springs.

No comments: