Friday, February 5, 2010

Rest stop on the road home

Onion Creek, Austin, TX


I really love Austin.  J & J are lucky.  They have all this a few blocks away from their front door:

        

        

Austin is beautiful, even in winter when the trees are bare.  The rest of the year all of this is alive, lush and green.  It's amazing.

                  

There's a cactus patch up the hill.  Great place to spend an afternoon if you have two energetic dogs in your company.

              

                

I always enjoy being here.  To me, Austin feels like the comfort of a familiar lover's bed.  Wish I could stay a little longer, but I've got to hit the road.  Stopping off in Houston to have lunch with a dear friend I haven't seen since August 2005.  Next stop, New Orleans.  There's a very important Superbowl party I have to get to.  A Black and Gold Superbowl party, to be exact.  The Saints are going to the Superbowl.  For the first time ever.  I may have mentioned it once or twice.  WHO DAT!!

No comments: