Sunday, February 7, 2010

Shadow Shot Sunday

 New Orleans, LA 
January 3rd, 2010, about three pm

The Calm Before the Storm

            

This was just a few minutes before I got a phone call that would turn my world upside down.  Crazy day, crazy past few weeks.  Total monkey circus.  Looks like things are settling down now.

  This was also a few minutes before the Saints lost their final game of the season, finishing at 3-13.  They may have dropped their last three, but they finished strong and that's what matters.  The New Orleans Saints are going to the Superbowl.  For the first time ever.  I wish I could explain what it means to this city.  What it means to me.  I couldn't have picked a better time to move back home...

WHO DAT!!  WHO DAT!! WHO DAT SAID DEY GONNA BEAT DEM SAINTS!! WHO DAT!!  WHO DAT!!

GEAUX SAINTS!!  BLACK AND GOLD SUPERBOWL!! WHO DAT!!

                                                                                                     http://heyharriet.blogspot.com/

9 comments:

Sylvia K said...

Yes, everyone here in Washington is excited about the Saints and we're all looking forward to the game tomorrow! Great shadow shot for the day! Have fun tomorrow! I lived in New Orleans for over a year -- a long time ago, so I'm rooting for them! Enjoy!

Sylvia

Hey Harriet said...

I like that! Sorry to hear things have been crazy of late. Enjoy the rest of your weekend!

Gemma Wiseman said...

Great footsy shadows! Sounds as if you've had more than your fair share of drama! Hang in there!

Anonymous said...

Love the photo. Happy Shadow Shot Sunday!

Paz

Serendipity said...

Nice shadows! I hope things are settling down for you now.

Anonymous said...

laissez les bon temps rouler!

Go Saints!

Magical Mystical Teacher said...

I'll bet your feet are dancing all around the room by tonight!

Beverley Baird said...

Great shadows!
Go Saints Go!

BLOGitse said...

I don't understand zero, nada, of this game...
But I understand the feeling - it's the same all over the world.

People go nuts about sports... :)