Thursday, February 4, 2010

The road home

Leaving Albuquerque didn't go quite as planned.  I wanted to take I-40 to Texas, hit Austin through Lubbock and Abilene.  I don't know what I was thinking, in the middle of winter.  At first it wasn't too bad...

Somewhere along I-40, New Mexico

                

        

Then things got worse.  Much worse.  Don't have any pictures of that.  Needed two hands to drive.  All road home pictures are taken flying down the interstate at 75 miles per hour.

Once I realized the storm was impassable, I turned back and cut down I-25 to I-10.

Somewhere along I-25, New Mexico
Still pretty snowy!

                  

Once I hit Texas, things cleared up.  Could have made it to Austin in one shot if I hadn't had so many snow delays.  No matter.  It was pretty and I didn't wreck the car, so life is good.  Made it as far as Ft. Stockton, then stopped for sleep.  Next stop, Austin.

Somewhere along I-10, Texas

                     

                   
                    

No comments: