Friday, November 13, 2009

Boudin balls

How has my trip home been so far?  Well, two hours after I got off the plane I was eating a duck po-boy and a bowl of gumbo from Crabby Jacks...

                                

Six hours after I got off the plane I was eating a plate of boudin balls...

                                       

And eight hours after I got off the plane I was naked in a jacuzzi.  Don't have any pictures of that.  Sorry.

What are boudin balls, you ask?  Well, you know what boudin is, right?  No?  Oh dear.  Let me try to explain.  It's sort of like sausage but not quite.  They take ground pork, season the fuck out of it, mix it with rice, and stuff it into a casing.  You then squeeze the meat and rice mixture of bliss into your mouth from one end, sort of like toothpaste.  You're not meant to eat the casing.  That would be nasty.

Now, when they make boudin balls, they take that same wonderful pork/rice mix, but instead of stuffing it into a casing, THEY DEEP-FRY THAT SHIT.  A culinary masterpiece, I tell you.  I love New Orleans!

So yeah, I'd say my trip home has been pretty good so far...

No comments: