Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Wake up call

So I was in bed Friday night and my phone rang at 1:45am.  Yeah, I know.  That's pretty early to be in bed in New Orleans on a Friday night.  Or any night in New Orleans, for that matter.  I'd had a long day...

Anyway, I was just about to fall asleep when the phone rang.  It was Michael Kavanaugh.

Michael: "Girl!  What are you doing?"

Me: "Sleeping!"

Michael: "No you're not.  I'm coming to get you.  I'll be there in five minutes."

I'm so glad he did.  Because this was happening on a street corner three blocks away:





   

There was a beer and wine stand.  Someone was selling lamb curry.  We danced for I don't know how long.  It's funny, I KNEW I'd heard drums when I got home that night.

All right, all right.  I'll stop saying how good it is to be home...

No comments: