Thursday, November 5, 2009

Ten screws, eight pins, one metal plate

That's what I have in my knee right now.  Apparently I did a fantastic job of fucking shit up in there.  These photos were taken on September 30th, thirty-three days after my surgery:



                                                 
Sexy, huh?


I went to the doctor yesterday.  Finally got the OK to start walking on it again.  It was my first time standing on two feet since August 22nd.  That's seventy-three days.  Ten weeks.  Two and a half months.  However you want to look at it, it's way too fucking long to be hopping around on one leg. 

Feels amazing to walk with two feet.  Who cares if I'm still on crutches?  I'M WALKING WITH TWO FEET!!  It's incredible what a huge difference that makes.

Does it hurt?  Oh yeah, it fucking hurts.  But I don't care.  I walked all the way to the Walgreens and back today.  Eight whole blocks.  Doesn't sound like much, I know.  But to me, it was miraculous.

My muscles have completely atrophied.  The pain in the knee, I can handle that.  But when I tried to stand on that leg without crutches, it buckled.  Felt like jello.  It can't support my body anymore.  Too weak.  Going to take some time to get it back in shape.  I don't care.  Bring it.  It's on, bitch!  I'll be climbing mountains again before you know it.

Yeah you right!
                                      

No comments: