Friday, November 13, 2009

Mike and Jarius and alligator bisque


When you go to New Orleans, you must go to the Hermes bar at Antoine's to see my friends Mike and Jarius.

Michael and I used to bartend together at Muriel's.  We were a dangerous duo.  Some of the best times I've ever had behind a bar.  I've never had the pleasure of working with Jarius, but I would love to.  Maybe when I move back!

Anyway, you really should go see those guys.  Great guys.  They will mix you a perfect sazerac, and they will feed you alligator bisque.
  You will love it.  Trust me.

And before you ask, yes, Jarius is pouring those sazeracs into to-go cups.  It's legal to order drinks to-go in New Orleans.  That's why it's the most civilized city in the U.S.

Laissez les bon temps rouler, cher ti bebe!

No comments: