Thursday, November 19, 2009

Brad Dupuy

Brad Dupuy is one of the most talented artists in New Orleans, hands down.  Brad has been painting since he was old enough to hold a paintbrush, pretty much.  Brad is 35.  That’s quite a while.

 My favorite time to write is late at night.  That’s what works best for me, it’s when I feel the most expressive.  The other day I asked Brad what his favorite time of day to paint was.  He said, “Whenever I can.”  Somehow, that answer didn’t surprise me.

Brad and I became friends when I sat next to him at the bar at the Country Club one night and pretty much forced him to start talking to me.  Then I pretty much forced him to go out bar-hopping with me and my crazy friends.  This was quite a while ago.  I think Brad was a little scared of me at first.  But he warmed up to me quickly enough.

Before you get the wrong idea about us, this ain’t your grandfather’s country club.  I highly doubt your grandfather’s country club has naked people running around the pool…

But that’s a story for another day.  This is a story about Brad Dupuy.

Brad’s art is hanging in the Country Club. Check it out next time you’re in there.  Some beautiful stuff up on those walls.

Brad finally got himself a website.  You can see it right here.  Buy a painting for yourself.  Buy one for me, too.  I can’t afford that shit right now.  I’m still out with a broken knee.  If you can’t afford it either, forward this to someone who can.  Tell them they have to buy me one too.  We’ll call it a finder’s fee…

braddupuy.com

1 comment:

brad said...

Thanks for the shout out!!!!!